Halong Bay, Vietnam

Search This Blog

Friday, February 26, 2010

A friendly face

We arrived in Ahmedabad, after a long, but comfortable bus ride. We were dropped off in the middle of no where, surrounded by Indian men trying to take us in their rickshaws (we obviously didn't fit in), serve us chai, and take photographs with us. This was India.

We finally saw Alana, the only other white person around, and were thrilled to take our first rickshaw ride back to her apartment. After buying some fruit and trying on my first pair of Indian MC Hammer pants, we settled in and did some catching up. Off to Buhj tonight with Alana to celebrate the Hindu holiday of Holi. Google it, you will be entertained.

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up with all your posts. SO jealous. You will now become my daily newspaper. I love your writing, as always, I'm sure you just feel like you are journaling but it sounds great. You have already made me realize I really need to travel with Josiah, and also that we need to have a old school travel session together at some point too. Have fun lover.

    ReplyDelete